Coinciding with the release of its annual Trafficking in Persons Report, the State Department honors individuals from around the world who have devoted their lives to fighting human trafficking. These “TIP Report Heroes” participated in a public question-and-answer session on June 18 at the _ in Washington, D.C.
More Top Stories
- AA asks Congress to conduct review of federal criminal law June 14, 2013
- The Equal Pay Act at 50: Anniversary as opportunity June 10, 2013
- to explore the legal side of video games and digital media June 7, 2013
- Protect your firm: Invest in cyber liability insurance June 4, 2013
Former Colorado Supreme Court regulation counsel receives Michael Franck Professional Responsibility Award
John S. Gleason, regulation counsel for the Colorado Supreme Court for 14 years, received the Michael Franck Professional Responsibility Award during the National Conference on Professional Responsibility in San Antonio.
Voices for Victims: Lawyers Against Human Trafficking, a video produced for the _ Task Force on Human Trafficking in partnership with the Communications and Media Relations Division, received a Bronze Stevie Award from the American Business Awards.
The passage of the Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge Act, which bans members of Congress and their staff from trading based on nonpublic information, leaves political intelligence professionals and their lawyers struggling to figure out the types of information that they are legally allowed to collect.
For-profit companies, including law firms, should be wary and understand the full implications of federal law before using unpaid interns, a panel of employment experts said during an _ program.
- Obama pick for north Alabama lifetime judicial appointment to testify at U.S. Senate confirmation hearing
- Lawyers discuss integration and state
Ultima Hora (Spanish language newspaper)
- ABA honors Kramer Levin partner for pro bono
New York Law Journal
- ABA to House: Reduce ‘overcriminalization,’ save money, improve lives
The Crime Report
- 750 students attend final Law Day
Edmonds (Wash.) Beacon
- RVC lawyer appointed to national bar’s education committee
Rockville Centre (N.Y.) Patch