Advisory: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Scalia To Speak At Opening Plenary Of ABA Spring 2010 Legal Malpractice Conference
U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia will deliver the opening plenary of the _ 2010 Spring Legal Malpractice Conference in Washington, D.C., at 8:45 a.m. on Thursday, April 15, at the J. W. Marriott Hotel. He and his co-presenter Bryan A. Garner will answer the question of how to make a winning legal argument.
Before the opening session, ABA President Carolyn Lamm will formally welcome the audience to the conference, which is sponsored by the ABA Standing Committee on Lawyers’ Professional Liability and takes place April 14 -16.
Other plenary and break-out session highlights include:
- The Game Changer: How Emergent Legal Technology May Be Shaping Legal Standards of Care
- The Challenge of Social Media for the Ethical Practice of Law
- Emerging Claims Trends in a Depressed Real Estate Market – Something Old, Something New
- Tech Innovations Making Lawyers’ Lives Easier…And More Affordable
- When in Rome – Why U.S. Lawyers Should Tread Carefully Abroad.
With nearly 400,000 members, the _ is the largest voluntary professional membership organization in the world. As the national voice of the legal profession, the ABA works to improve the administration of justice, promotes programs that assist lawyers and judges in their work, accredits law schools, provides continuing legal education, and works to build public understanding around the world of the importance of the rule of law.
- 30 -