The Lawyer’s Guide to Creating a Business Plan: A Step-by-Step Software Package, 2011 Edition
CHICAGO, October 4, 2010 – Creating an effective business plan can be intimidating and time-consuming. The updated 2011 version of The Lawyer’s Guide to Creating a Business Plan, developed by Linda Pinson, is an intuitive software application that does a majority of the work for lawyers and business managers who need comprehensive and customized business plans to start their own firm and maximize profits.
The software guides practitioners step by step toward the eventual goal of actualized growth, utilizing tested and proven organizational, marketing and financial strategies shared by Pinson
Based on Pinson’s award-winning book, Anatomy of a Business Plan (Ben Franklin Award for Best Business Book of the Year) and companion software, Automate Your Business Plan (Version 2009), this stand-alone package has been meticulously customized to address the issues unique to law practice development and management. There is no other business plan software on the market that provides law practices with such customized tools in one comprehensive package.
The Lawyer’s Guide to Creating a Business Plan, 2011 Edition includes:
- New menu tree navigation for all your business plan files;
- Preformatted text documents and integrated self-calculating spreadsheet workbooks that are customized for your firm and automatically generated – relieving you of most of the work.
- Complete examples of business plans for new and existing law practices.
- The e-book version of Anatomy of a Business Plan (2008, 7th edition).
- A step-by-step guide to help you develop a highly targeted marketing strategy.
- Ability to produce detailed financial plans including cash flow projections, three-year income projections, quarterly budget analyses, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, break-even analyses, ratio analysis, and financial charts and graphs.
- Precise documentation for potential lenders and partners
- The most current word processing features that allow for easy customization, including insertion and manipulation of graphics, text boxes and tables.
- A guide for the development of business plans specific to nonprofit organizations.
The ABA Law Practice Management Section is a professional membership organization providing resources for lawyers and other legal professionals in the core areas of the business of practicing law — marketing, management, technology and finance — through its award-winning magazine, webzines, educational CLE programs, Web site and publishing division. For more than 30 years, LPM has established itself as a leader within the profession by producing ABA TECHSHOW, the world’s premier legal technology conference and expo, and through its publishing arm, which has more than 90 titles in print.
With more than 400,000 members, the _ is the largest voluntary professional membership organization in the world. As the national voice of the legal profession, the ABA works to improve the administration of justice, promotes programs that assist lawyers and judges in their work, accredits law schools, provides continuing legal education, and works to build public understanding around the world of the importance of the rule of law.
Title: The Lawyer’s Guide to Creating a Business Plan: A Step-by-Step Software Package, 2011 Edition
Publisher: ABA Section of Law Practice Management
Product Code: 5110711
Orders: 1.800.285.2221 or www.ababooks.org
Editor’s note: Review copies are available by sending an e-mail to Trish Cleary at [email protected] If you publish a review of this book, please send tearsheets or a copy for our files to Trish Cleary, ABA Book Publishing, 321 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL 60654.