Court Funding Resources Page
During these challenging economic times, the nation’s courts have faced severe budget cuts. But even before the Great Recession, many state judicial systems were faced with insufficient resources, causing undue delays and restricting access to justice.
The following resources offer a sample of the ABA’s commitment to protecting adequate funding for our nation’s courts.
News Stories and Press Releases
- Cuts to Courts are Denying Access to Justice: Panelists at ABA Law Day Program – May 1, 2012
- _ Announces Winner of 2nd Annual Law Day Video Contest – April 30, 2012
- Courts: Our States’ Economic Engines – April 27, 2012
- Press Conference: Access to Justice in the Wake of Budget Cuts – April 12, 2012
- Court Funding Crisis, Responsibility of Profession Common Themes in Remarks Before the ABA House of Delegates – Feb. 6, 2012
- More ABANow News Stories and Press Releases
- ABA Task Force Works to Ensure “Justice for All” – March 29, 2012
- ABA President Robinson: The State Court Funding Crisis is a Threat to Our System of Justice – Feb. 7, 2012
- Crisis in State Court Funding – Feb. 6, 2012
- Court Funding Task Force Co-Chairs Agree: Despite Progress, Much Work Lies Ahead – Feb. 6, 2012
- Court Underfunding Impacts Rule of Law, Says President of Conference of Chief Justices – Feb. 6, 2012
- More ABANow Multimedia items
Learn more about the ABA’s efforts to resolve our nation’s crisis in the courts and the association’s Task Force on Preservation of the Justice System.