Some Americans know they can protect themselves from self-incrimination during a police interview or in a courtroom if they “take the Fifth,” which provides due process as a result of the Fifth and 14th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution. But we give little attention to the document that inspired these democratic ideals.
More Top Stories
- Three Legal Chiefs Urge Access to Justice Amid Sequestration Cuts March 4, 2013
- Sequester Could Cause Flight Delays, Furloughs and Closures, FAA Administrator Warns February 28, 2013
- ABA Applauds Bipartisan Renewal of VAWA February 28, 2013
- Abstract Future for Digital Art February 25, 2013
From the more than 800,000 apps currently available for Android devices, a new book from the _ Law Practice Management Section, Android Apps in One Hour for Lawyers, highlights the “best of the best” that will allow readers to practice law from their mobile devices.
Experts at a recent _ Section of Antitrust Law panel discussion debated whether the results of the Federal Trade Commission’s investigation into certain Google business practices, including those related to search and search advertising, were fair.
ABA Panel: Special Immigration Visa Program for Middle East Refugees a ‘Burdensome and Lengthy Process’
The requirements for gaining admission into the United States through the Special Immigrant Visa Program is bureaucratic and has prevented asylum applicants from obtaining the protection they need, experts said at an ABA Section of Individual Rights and Responsibilities panel.
The movement of lawyers from firm to firm involves a number of complex legal and ethical issues, according to an expert panel that participated in the _ webcast “Lawyers Changing Firms.”
New ABA Book Reviews ‘Best Of The Best’ Android Apps For Lawyers
March 7, 2013
ABA International Rule of Law Conference Will Focus on Sustainable Development, Technology, Women’s Health and Youth
March 6, 2013
‘Social Media and Local Governments’ Addresses Legal Issues Government Lawyers Face With Social Media
March 4, 2013
- Columbia attorney getting his chance to raise the bar
The State (South Carolina)
- Day(s) of our lives: Women and the legal profession
Real Law (Lexis-Nexis)
- TribU: Smart negotiating — get what you want
- ABA approves changes to rules on foreign lawyers’ practice in the United States
- Ask the experts: How to fix the private student loan market
_: DOMA places ‘discriminatory burdens’ on married gay couples