The following is a statement from ABA President Laurel Bellows: The _ is concerned about the case of Duane Buck, a death-sentenced man in Texas. It is undisputed that the prosecution improperly put the assertion before the jury that he was “dangerous” because he was black, and this assertion sealed Buck’s fate.
More Top Stories
- ABA President Provides New Resources in Fight for Pay Equity March 15, 2013
- Progress Stalled on Gender Equity, Says ABA President at International Women’s Day Event March 13, 2013
- U.S. Strengthens Regulations on Background Checks in Light of Financial Crisis March 11, 2013
- Virtual Lawyer Shares Tips on Managing a Law Firm in Cyberspace March 8, 2013
The ABA’s Judicial Clerkship Program, a joint effort of the ABA Council for Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Educational Pipeline and the ABA Judicial Division, has been a highlight of the ABA Midyear Meeting since the 2001 Midyear in San Diego.
The first five years of practice are critical developmental years, said Joanna Garcia, shareholder, Carlton Fields, and moderator of the ABA webcast “What’s Next? Professional Development Strategies for Lawyers Trying to Get to the Next Level.”
Thousands of people file bankruptcy each month because they lose their home, must pay medical expenses or lose their job. For debtor’s lawyers, it is critical to understand the scope of a client’s financial history and verify it for accuracy in order to file in a timely manner.
From the more than 800,000 apps currently available for Android devices, a new book from the _ Law Practice Management Section, Android Apps in One Hour for Lawyers, highlights the “best of the best” that will allow readers to practice law from their mobile devices.
ABA Announces 2013 Grants to Promote the Creation of New Access to Justice Commissions; Applications for Innovation Grants Due May 1, 2013
March 20, 2013
28th Annual Intellectual Property Law Conference to Feature IP Experts on Critical Issues in IP Law
March 19, 2013
‘Enforcers Roundtable’ Highlights 61st Antitrust Law Spring Meeting
March 18, 2013
- Gideon @ 50: The right to counsel and the “noble ideal” of equal justice
On Point (Wisconsin State Public Defender)
- Zimbabwe court denies bail to top human rights lawyer, who must stay in jail until April 3
Washington Post (AP)
- Community ramping up anti-slavery activism
New York Jewish Week
- Letter to the editor: Lawyers for immigrants
- Zimbabwe police ignore court order to free prominent rights lawyer, police bias alleged
- ABA launches new initiative to promote gender pay at law firms